CarrollMath Summer Seminar 2012
June 25-29, 2012
- Carroll School has developed the CarrollMath approach to teach mathematics to students with language-based learning disabilities and those who struggle in math. Carroll is hosting an interactive five-day session geared to professionals who teach or supervise math.
- The approach relies on five central foundations: (1) Problem Solving, (2) Logic Activities, (3) Communication, (4) Fluency, and (5) Applications to Traditional Math.
- By including these foundations in Carroll’s math classrooms, students consistently show improvements on nationally-normed assessments, state comprehensive assessments, formative assessments, and curriculum-based assessments.
- The principles of instruction follow the Core Curriculum Standards and National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Curriculum Focal Points, which represent a systematic approach to sequential understanding of math concepts.
- Have you ever been to a great seminar and needed helpful follow-up? After the Math Seminar, Carroll School can provide consultation services at your school including observations, needs assessment, workshops, in-class demonstration lessons, and coaching. Information is available upon request.
"Grade by grade the improvement in student achievement was staggering! The efﬁcacy of the program is remarkable, and I feel as though we have found an approach which supports our students' learning proﬁles and truly honors their strengths. It is a program that truly holds up to Carroll's motto that "Teaching Math is Teaching Thinking."
- Teacher, Sally Borden School
For session details and to enroll today, please refer to the registration form.
Tuition: $950 per person, includes:
- Five-Day Intensive Seminar
- Handouts and Materials
- Game Night and Dinner
- 30 Professional Development Points
Tuition reduction to $800 per person for schools enrolling five or more professionals.
Refund Policy: No refunds will be made for the seminar unless your cancellation is received in writing at least fourteen days before the seminar begins. Carroll School reserves the right to cancel the seminar, at which time all money paid by the applicant will be refunded.
For More Information:
Contact Ann French at 781.259.8342 x9730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Or see: www.carrollschool.org
Registration form and brochure
View/Download PDF (360 KB)